The overall purpose of the position:
To generate sales leads and grow the companies pipeline of future work in the various regions, focusing on Energy Storage Projects and Hybrid Microgrids.
Reports to: Head of Business Development Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Summary of Responsibilities:
- ● Generate new sales leads according to specific targets;
- ● Meet potential new clients;
- ● Develop a relationship with these clients (industrial and commercial energy users,
- ● Develop and submit proposals to these clients and try to get sales across the line
with these clients (either in the form of Solar Leases or as an outright Design &
Construct of a solar system);
- ● Liaise with and coordinate engineering resources in the preparation of proposals;
- ● Attend conferences and networking events;
- ● Track sales processes and prepare regular updates and feedback on progress for
the regional general manager, the business development director and head of
energy storage services in Cape Town;
- ● Join an existing business development team that has targets in closing a certain
number of projects per year.
Key Performance Indicators
- ● 2MWh of storage projects awarded in 12 months.
- ● Coordinate the submission of 4 proposals per month.
- ● Have a technical and/or commercial degree (preference will be given to Electrical Engineer degrees);
- ● At least five years’ sales and/or technical design experience (ideally in solar energy);
- ● Experience with energy storage products and business models will be beneficial;
- ● Understanding of diesel market stakeholders will be beneficial.
- ● Strong organisational skills, with the ability to persistently and consistently build
and maintain a sales pipeline;
- ● Extensive travel on the African continent will be required;
- ● Proficient negotiator, personable and engaging;
- ● Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc), and GSuite (Docs,
Drive, Sheets, Calendar and Gmail).
- ● Self-motivator, who can work under pressure and think on his/her feet;
Please mail your CV directly to: email@example.com
Ref: Solar BDE