Position of reporting manager Head of Research and Professional Services (RPS)
Our culture is a defining characteristic of who we are. It is in our DNA and determines how we engage with each other and our customers. It guides, motivates and inspires us and facilitates in creating a fun, happy and rewarding work environment. It is thus extremely important that everyone fully understands, embodies and lives by our values. These values are detailed in our Mantra’s.
Purpose of the job In a fast-paced, competitive business world, customer experience is fast becoming the new battleground in business.
We’re looking for an out of the box thinker to join our all-star Research and Professional Services team.
The Research Executive is responsible for designing research solutions and adding value through delivering client-focused, appropriately analysed, data-driven insights and recommendation reporting.
The incumbent will have a strong understanding of the research process and be able to conduct full-cycle research projects from survey design, implementation through to reporting and insights generation. The role is also responsible for workshopping solutions and presenting their findings to clients.
Salary & Benefits
R30 000 to R35 000 TCTC per month – Based on skill and qualification of the candidate.
- Financial Benefits: Funeral, Death and Disability Policy (Group Life Cover)
- Other Benefits:
o 15 (fifteen) Days annual leave per annum.
Page 1 of 4
o Company social committee managed by the staff to decide how we do social events and team building – driving our really amazing company culture.
o Flexible weekly working hours.
o Free fruit delivered daily (Your mom would be so proud!)
o A super close-knit team that looks after each
other, like a family! We are big supporters of individual growth and learning and this is something we incorporate into the business constantly. We have budgets to help with studies, Personal Development Plans (PDPs) to ensure mentorship as well as processes to expose you to new technologies.
- Understand client research problem and identify
- Conduct client-facing engagements including survey design workshops, insights and recommendations report presentations, etc.
- Design and implement Research and Professional Services solutions including surveys, insights reports and Customer Journey Mapping that are creative, flexible, scalable and re-usable based on best practice themes and guidelines
- Compile and communicate the detailed brief to the team working on survey programming and client data requirements
- Compile and communicate a detailed brief for the BI team to visualize the data
- Good working knowledge of Smoke CI Eyerys software to support any Adhoc survey programming or client data requests including set up of escalations, triggers and user groups
- Draw and schedule reports for the detailed analysis of data to create monthly insights report on survey results using Smoke CI Eyerys software, BI or Excel/other reporting tools
- Establish and build relationships with internal stakeholders and clients
- Deliver projects on time, within budget and at high quality with minimal supervision
Page 2 of 4
Competencies • Ability to delve into detail and steer solutions with clients, while maintaining an overview of the holistic objectives
- Ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders and clients as a trusted advisor
- Ability and experience to advise on best practice research design, utilising current industry standards and guidance from other team members
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new software and industries
- Ability to understand and evaluate customers’ business needs to create Voice of the Customer (VoC) programmes using appropriate Research and Professional Services solutions
- Support customers and offer solutions to problems through critical thinking
- Ability to add value through deriving strategic insights and recommendations from data
- Analytical thinking, experience in statistics, data analysis, report writing and insights generation
- Excellent numeric capability
- A strong focus on quality and bias towards action
- Open and effective communicator
- Solid presentation skills Experience &
- At least 1 year in a Senior Research position (essential)
- Excellent knowledge and application of quantitative methodologies, research design and techniques (3+ years) (essential)
- Experience working for a Research House/Market- research Supplier (essential)
- Expertise in computing skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (essential)
- Strong design experience including surveys and reporting (essential)
- Client-facing interactions in various capacities such as research design and support (essential)
- Client presentation and solution delivery skills (advantageous)
- Experience/working knowledge of BI or dashboarding tool (advantageous)
- Qualitative experience (advantageous)
- Sampling methods and sample design (advantageous)
Page 3 of 4
- Statistical skills and/or use of R/SAS/SPSS experience (advantageous)
- An understanding and experience in project management principles (essential)
- Experience in the field of Customer Experience (CX) (advantageous)
The following qualifications will be considered (in order of preference):
- Master of Arts (Research Psychology) or other Masters degree
- BA Hons (Psychology/Social Sciences) or other Honours degree
- Undergraduate degree/diploma