Purpose of the job
We are looking for a passionate software test analyst who
loves it when everything is in its place and ticking along perfectly. The candidate will keep on digging until the last issue is found and the last bug is squished. We want you to use those brilliant talents of yours to help make magical software that blows our clients’ hair back… and have fun while doing it of course!
This position is responsible for ensuring the quality and integrity of developed components that add and enhance our incredible software, Eyerys’, capability.
Our culture is a defining characteristic of who we are. It is in our DNA and determines how we engage with each other and our customers. It guides, motivates and inspires us and facilitates in creating a fun, happy and rewarding work environment. It is thus extremely important that everyone fully understands, embodies and lives by our values.
Salary & Benefits
R30,000.00 TCTC per month – Based on skill and qualification of the candidate.
- Financial Benefits: Funeral, Death and Disability Policy
- Other Benefits:
o 15 days annual leave per annum. o Company social committee managed by the staff to decide how we do social events and team building – driving our really amazing company culture. o Flexible weekly working hours.
o Free fruit delivered daily (Your mom would be so
proud!) o Super close-knit team that looks after each
other, like a family! Every month the entire dev department takes part in our “Research Tuesday”, where you get to research/ hack any technical subject you like for the day. The following day each team member presents their research and there is a R500 price for the best research.
We are big supporters of individual growth and learning and this is something we incorporate into the business constantly. We have budgets to help with studies, Personal Development Plans (PDPs) to ensure mentorship, as well as processes to expose you to new technologies and ideas.
- Implement the Testing Strategy, and advise on quality
control and improvements of testing processes and outputs
- Ensure and improve the quality and integrity of Eyerys, and have a high-level understanding of all associated projects
- Ensure high-quality product features, releases and rollouts
- Define the scope of testing within the context of each release/delivery
- Apply the appropriate test measurements and metrics in the product
- Plan, deploy and manage the testing effort for any given engagement
- Analyze requirements for the system under test in order to establish and prioritize test conditions, design and select suitable test plans/cases and test techniques
- To design, build and execute manual and automated test scripts that can verify the software satisfies both functional and non-functional requirements
- To design, build and execute load test scripts that ensure the software responds within agreed parameters
- Identify test objectives, plan and document test strategies
- Conduct and manage testing, including the achievement of milestones and deliverables
- Identify impending risks that may compromise the achievement of deliverables and initiate steps to mitigate risk
- Report on test results and conduct defect trend analysis
- Conduct debugging and effectively log defects
- Log improvements and features
- Identify any tools needed in order to meet testing deliverables
- Undertake operational and technical aspects of processing information, data evaluation and analysis
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant internal stakeholders
- Understand the requirements, and where applicable, liaise, communicate and provide assistance
- Champion product and service quality across the whole organization
- Be a representative of the brand, acting with integrity and passion
Competencies • Strong quality orientation
- High attentional to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Passion for IT and QA
- Results orientation
- Leadership skills
- Ability to solve problems and apply logical thinking
- Strong ability to plan and organise
- Presentation and communication skills
- Self and time management skills
- Ability to display emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis
- Receptive to change
Experience & knowledge required
- Minimum of 4 years’ quality assurance/software test analyst/practical testing experience (essential)
- Minimum of 1 years’ JIRA experience (essential)
- Knowledge and working experience with (essential):
o Creating test cases (minimum of 3 years)
o Creating test requirements (minimum of 3 years)
o Creating user acceptance criteria (minimum of 3
o Exploratory testing (minimum of 3 years)
- Experience using test planning software (Spira is preferred) (essential)
- Demonstrated ability to manage testing environments and an in-depth understanding of testing methodologies and practices (essential)
- Linux experience (ability to navigate through CLI and perform basic commands) (advantageous) Minimum
- ISTQB Foundation (essential)
- ISTQB Agile (essential)
- Diploma or Degree in computer sciences or any other related professional and recognized I.T. qualification (advantageous)
- At any time in your life, someone must have referred to you as “smarty-pants”.