Purpose of the job
a passionate product analyst who
loves providing clarity to development teams. The candidate will keep on digging and documenting until all the requirements and design elements are known and logged. We want you to use those brilliant talents of yours to help make magical software that blows our clients’ hair back… and have fun while doing it of course!
This position is responsible for ensuring the quality and integrity of our software design and enhance our incredible software’s, capability.
Our culture is a defining characteristic of who we are. It is in our DNA and determines how we engage with each other and our customers. It guides, motivates and inspires us and facilitates in creating a fun, happy and rewarding work environment. It is thus extremely important that everyone fully understands, embodies and lives by our values.
Salary & Benefits
R40 000 – R45 000 TCTC per month – Based on skill and
qualification of the candidate.
- Financial Benefits: Funeral, Death and Disability Policy
- Other Benefits:
o 15 days annual leave per annum
o Company social committee managed by the staff to decide how we do social events and team building – driving our really amazing company culture
o Flexible weekly working hours
o Free fruit delivered daily (Your mom would be so proud!)
o A super close-knit team that looks after each
other, like a family! Every month the entire dev department takes part in our “Research Tuesday”, where you get to research/ hack any technical subject you like for the day. The following day each team member presents their research and there is a R500 price for the best research.
We are big supporters of individual growth and learning and this is something we incorporate into the business constantly. We have budgets to help with studies, Personal Development Plans (PDPs) to ensure mentorship, as well as processes to expose you to new technologies and ideas.
- Create strong and detailed product scope documents,
which incorporate the following:
o Requirements analysis
o Background and strategic fit
o User stories and tasks
o Risks analysis
o User interaction, design and flow
o Non-functional requirements
o Emoji and/or animated gifs in smart ways to make the technical document less boring and lame
- Work with the development team to understand technical requirements, estimated timelines and risks
- Work with the QA testers to understand testing requirements, estimated timelines and risks
- Work with the Projects team to understand customer requirements and to deliver customer-facing (non-technical) scope documents
- From time-to-time work with clients (those pesky people who pay us money to blow them away) to understand technical requirements and manage design expectations
- Master table dancing, Potjie cooking, Karaoke Singing, Tequila drinking and or dodging, Quiz Night answering, tenpin bowling and “high fiving” from time to time in social engagements as and when required. (technical peeps can dance too… we’ve witnessed this phenomenon on multiple occasions!)
- Constantly improve our scope documentation process to give better clarity to the development and QA teams
- Work within the Agile and Scrum methodologies and frameworks
- Serve as a knowledge resource on our software product and demonstrate relevant industry and/or product knowledge to present software features, components, capabilities, and functionality to offer new and creative solutions to meet client needs and evolve the product Competencies • Very strong commitment to high quality
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent technical analysis skills
- High attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- An undeniable need to understand how things work and ideally break them from time-to-time
- Passion for IT and software development
- Results orientation
- Leadership skills
- Ability to solve problems and apply logical thinking
- Strong ability to plan and organise
- Presentation and communication skills
- Pyrotechnics and general explosives management
- Self and time management skills
- Ability to display emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis
- Receptive to change Experience & knowledge required
- Minimum of 6 years’ Business Analyst or Product Analyst experience (essential)
- Minimum of 2 years’ JIRA and Confluence experience (essential)
- Ideally 2 years’ Team Lead/Supervisory/Management experience Minimum qualification
- Diploma or Degree in computer sciences or any other related professional and recognized I.T. qualification (advantageous)
- At any time in your life, someone must have referred to you as “smarty-pants”.