Job title: Head of Sales Location: Epping, Cape Town
Division: Apparel Reporting to: Managing Director
Remuneration: Market related Employment Type: Permanent
As a member of the Clients Executive Senior Management Team, the Head of Sales is responsible for developing and implementing the Wholesale Strategy for all the Brands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To co-create the Clients Vision, Strategy and Business plan and support the delivery of a compelling and sustainable brand proposition by contributing effectively across functions as an executive team
- Responsible for identifying new wholesale opportunities as well as developing strong relationships with existing key stakeholders.
- Responsible for setting and achieving Sales targets and to drive operational excellence across wholesale channel to market and grow customer
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the Management team
- Identify market shifts while staying abreast of competitor
- Drive continuous business process improvements in order to embed operational excellence and to manage
- Responsible for recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of Sales Managers and independent
- To ensure effective people development and a sustained succession and talent pipeline in order to build capability and to support the delivery of the Company’s Transformation
- To work in collaboration with the Brand & Merchandise Executive to ensure best in class seasonal Go-To-Market launches.
- To drive high performing Sales teams, with a focus on teamwork and accountability, to deliver the commercial performance of the Brand in order to grow market share and exceed the financial targets.
- Essential: Degree in Business Administration, Retail, MBA or similar
- Minimum 8 years Sales/Key account management experience, at a management level, within a high performing Brand environment.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience managing a sales
- Experience managing a medium size team across geographies including exposure operating at EXCO level within a Brand
Leadership: Setting clear direction with specific goals and deliverables. Motivate the team and work with them to set and meet sales goals. Strong business sense and industry expertise.
Communication: Ability to communicate, present, and influence at all
levels of the organization, including the executive level.
Persuading & Influencing: Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation
Analytical Ability : Analyse sales numbers to establish specific goals as
well as cost-saving opportunities.
Pressure & Stress : Ability to perform under pressure and in adversity.
Recovers quickly from setbacks.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong existing relations with key stakeholders within the sports and fashion industry in
- Strong business sense, acumen and industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills