Intermediate Software Developer
A software developer is responsible for the overall reviewing, analysing and modifying the relevant systems within the organisation, including coding, testing, debugging of software products as and when required. In other less formal words; we want you to use those brilliant talents of yours to make magical software that blows our customer’s hair back… and have fun while doing it of course!
Purpose of the job
Our culture is a defining characteristic of who we are. It is in our DNA and determines how we engage with each other and our customers. It guides, motivates and inspires us and facilitates in creating a fun, happy and rewarding work environment. It is thus extremely important that everyone fully understands, embodies and lives by our values.
Salary & Benefits
R38 000 TCTC per month – Based on skill and qualification of the candidate.
- Financial Benefits: Funeral, Death and Disability Policy
- Other Benefits:
o 15 days annual leave per annum.
o Company social committee managed by the staff to decide how we do social events and team building – driving our really amazing company culture.
o Flexible weekly working hours.
o Free fruit delivered daily (Your mom would be so proud!)
o A super close-knit team that looks after each other, like a family!
We are big supporters of individual growth and learning and this is something we incorporate into the business constantly. We have budgets to help with studies, Personal Development Plans to ensure mentorship as well as processes to expose you to new technologies.
- Responsible to draw up specification requirements for features and bugs for our software products.
- Develop Source Code within these software products, utilizing the standard tools, libraries and frameworks the organization uses.
- To debug, fault-find and improve existing software features within the products.
- Identify better ways to get to the rocket launcher in E1M3 of Doom.
- The developer will get involved in all software project phases including requirement gathering, software analysis and design, coding, testing all their related documentation (e.g. functional requirement specification, design specification, validation and acceptance test plans, installation/user manual) and responsible for code review.
- To work within the Agile and scrum methodologies and frameworks.
- To work within a DevOps methodology and framework.
- Be an authentic, empathetic and enthusiastic member of the team.
- Document code revision changes, work progress, database changes and operational requirements in the source code management system (source control software).
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies (Meetups etc).
- Master table dancing, Potjie cooking, Karaoke Singing, Tequila drinking and or dodging, Quiz Night answering, tenpin bowling and “high fiving” from time to time in
social engagements as and when required. (Dev’s can dance too… we’ve witnessed this phenomenon on multiple occasions!)
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible to actively drive and manage own performance targets.
- Responsible to handle sensitive or confidential customer material with the necessary diplomacy without disclosing information prematurely or incorrectly.
- To be an active representative, acting with integrity and passion
- Technical knowledge and skill
- Motivating others
- Sense of humour
- Customer service orientation
- Analytical thinking
- An undeniable need to break and then hopefully fix things
- Communication skills
- Planning and organizing ability
- Presenting and communicating information
- Quality orientation (attention to detail)
- Problem-solving and analysis
- Using Initiative
- Interpersonal skills
- Personal motivation
- Following instructions and procedure
- Time management
- Ability to display emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis.
- Results orientation
- Experience & Minimum of 4 years’ job-related experience.
- Knowledge and working experience with:
o Proficient in PHP, MySQL, CSS, HTML and jQuery (3
o Experience of object-oriented programming /
o Experience of MVC design patterns and frameworks
(2 Years Minimum).
o Front-end development including jQuery. Minimum
- Diploma or Degree in computer sciences or any other related professional and recognized I.T. qualification is preferable but not required.
- At any time in your life, someone must have referred to you as “smarty-pants”. .